Maxi Cab Berwick also known as local Berwick cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Berwick area.
Berwick is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 41 kilometres (25 mi) south-east of Melbourne’s central business district. Its local government area is the City of Casey. At the 2016 Census, Berwick had a population of 47,674.
It was named by an early leaseholder Robert Gardiner after his birthplace Berwick-on-Tweed in Northumberland. The town of Berwick was originally part of the Cardinia Creek run. Subdivision started in 1854 and a store, post office, hotel and other businesses were established. Wheat, barley and potatoes were grown, with a flour mill operating for several years. Dairy farming and cheese making later became the main activities. The Berwick Agricultural Society, originally started in 1848 as the Mornington Farmers’ Society, is one of the oldest farmers’ societies in Victoria.
The area grew with the construction of a coach road between Melbourne and the Gippsland region, the Post Office opening on 18 September 1858.
A quarry opened in 1859 to supply ballast for the railway line along the same route, which opened in 1877, and a spur line was constructed to Berwick railway station to transport the metal. The site of the quarry is now occupied by Wilson Botanic Park. From 1861 until 1902, Berwick was also the headquarters of the Shire of Berwick, originally formed as the Berwick Roads Board.
Poplar trees lining the High Street and on into Beaconsfield were planted as an Avenue of Honour to commemorate the fallen in the First World War. Originally name plaques were supposed to have been mounted at the foot of each tree but this was never carried out, despite the plaques being produced.
Late in the 20th century Melbourne sprawled eastward to Berwick. The surrounding rural land was subdivided becoming a popular destination for first home buyers with the population exploding with new housing developments from the 1990s to the 2000s. Some of the character of the original township has remained.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 35 minutes to reach Berwick by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Berwick cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Berwick most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Berwick Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Berwick
- Berwick Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Berwick affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Berwick
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: