Maxi Cab Brighton also known as local Brighton cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Brighton area.
Brighton is an affluent coastal suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 11 km south-east of Melbourne’s central business district. Its local government area is the City of Bayside. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, Brighton had a population of 23,253 people in 2016. Brighton is named after Brighton in England.
Brighton houses some of the wealthiest citizens in Melbourne with grand homes, and the development of large residential blocks of land. Brighton is also well known for its Dendy Street Beach with its 82 colourful beach boxes. As of July 2020, Brighton has a median house price of AU$2.7 million. In England, on 29 August 1840, Henry Dendy (1800–81) purchased 5,120 acres (2,070 ha) of Port Phillip land at £1 per acre, site unseen, under the terms of the short-lived Special Survey regulations. Dendy arrived on 5 February 1841 to claim his land. The area was known as Dendy’s Special Survey.
The area Dendy was compelled to take, called “Waterville”, was bound by the coastline to the west and the present day North Road, East Boundary Road and South Road. A town was surveyed in mid-1841, defined by the crescent-shaped street layout which remains today, and subdivided allotments were offered for sale. The area soon became the “Brighton Estate”, and Dendy’s site for his own home was named “Brighton Park”. Unfortunately, the land did not have any ready sources of water. Sales were slow at first, and the financial depression came and Dendy’s scheme for emigration and land sales failed. The family of his agent Jonathan Binns Were (1809–85) who had arrived in Melbourne in 1839, bought the land. All of Dendy’s business ventures failed, and he died a pauper.
After the depression, sales of land resulted in Brighton becoming the third most populated town in the Port Phillip District (after Melbourne and Portland), by 1846. Brighton attracted wealthy residents who wanted generous building sites and the prospect of sea bathing. By the late 1840s stately homes were built in an area known as ‘The Terrace’, now called the Esplanade, overlooking Dendy Street Beach. The Brighton Post Office opened on 19 April 1853.
St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Brighton, one of the earliest churches in Victoria, was founded in 1842. Wesleyan and Catholic churches followed by 1848, and a Methodist church in 1851. Schools were opened on the Anglican Church land (1849) and by the Catholic Church in Centre Road (1850). Another was opened in the Wesleyan Church in 1855. In 1854, Brighton had a census population of 2,731.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 20 minutes to reach Brighton by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Brighton cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Brighton most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Brighton Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Brighton
- Brighton Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Brighton affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Brighton
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: