Maxi Cab Carnegie also known as local Carnegie cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Carnegie area.
Carnegie is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 12 km south-east of Melbourne’s central business district. Its local government area is the City of Glen Eira. At the 2016 Census, Carnegie had a population of 17,388. Its postcode is 3163.
The suburb’s main shopping precinct is a well-regarded ‘eat street,’ with cafes and restaurants lining Koornang Road from Dandenong Road to Neerim Road. Koornang Park and the neighbouring Carnegie Swim Centre are located between Koornang Road, Munro Avenue and Lyons Street.
Originally called Rosstown, after William Murray Ross, a prominent property developer and entrepreneur, a name change came about due to Ross’ failed speculative developments. In 1909 it was renamed Carnegie. It has been suggested that this was done in an unsuccessful attempt to secure funds for a library from the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie but there is no contemporary evidence supporting this.
The area was originally called Rosstown, after the developer William Murray Ross, who owned a large amount of land in the area. The original name lives on in the name of the local hotel, and in Rosstown Road. Leila Road is named after Ross’s wife, and Grange Road is named after Ross’s estate, The Grange, which has since been subdivided into suburban housing estates.
In 1909, Carnegie was chosen as a new name for the area, in what was believed to be an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to secure funds for a library from the American industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 24 minutes to reach Carnegie by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Carnegie cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Carnegie most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Carnegie Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Carnegie
- Carnegie Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Carnegie affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Carnegie
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: