Maxi Cab Cheltenham also known as local Cheltenham cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Cheltenham area. Cheltenham is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, located 18 km south-south-east of Melbourne’s central business district. It is currently undergoing significant gentrification and development. Its local government area is the City of Kingston to the eastern side of the area’s metropolitan railway line and Charman Road north, while the City of Bayside presides over the suburb’s western region towards extensive golf links, parks and Port Phillip Bay. At the 2016 census, Cheltenham had a population of 22,291.
A significant feature in Cheltenham is Westfield Southland, a major shopping centre which opened in 1968. The Boon Wurrung people had used natural springs in the area and when European settlers arrived they established market gardens and orchards nearby.
Cheltenham was one of the earliest areas to be settled in the parish of Moorabbin. It initially consisted of 625 acres of land purchased at auction by Josiah Morris Holloway on 11 May 1852. He subdivided this land into 370 allotments that were offered for sale in 1853. Many of the blocks were two acres in size and this gave the community its first name, Two Acre Village.
Lot 13 was purchased by Charles Whorrell for £20, and was located on Schnapper Point Road (Nepean Highway) near the corner of Centre Dandenong Road. On the allotment he built a hotel, the Cheltenham Inn, named after his home town in England, and a publican’s license was granted in 1854. It was probably the first public building in the community and is believed to have given its name to the settlement. It later became a coffee palace before being demolished in the 1930s. Another pub, the Armagh Hotel (Royal Oak), had been built on Schnapper Point Road by 1856. A third pub, the Exchange Hotel (Tudor Inn) had been built nearby on the highway by 1871. By 1880, a fortnightly sale of livestock and produce took place behind the hotel.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 28 minutes to reach Cheltenham by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Cheltenham cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Cheltenham most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Cheltenham Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Cheltenham
- Cheltenham Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Cheltenham affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Cheltenham
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: