Maxi Cab Croydon also known as local Croydon cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Croydon area. Croydon is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 28 km east of Melbourne’s Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Maroondah. At the 2016 Census, Croydon had a population of 26,946.
Dating back to 1840 the land was first utilised by settlers for grazing and the first road cut through the area now known as Croydon, was initially known as Sawmill Road, as a sawmill was nearby. Later it became known as Oxford Road and later Mt Dandenong Road, some time in the early 1900s.
Owing to the coarse silvery-white grass, the area now known as Croydon was first called “White Flats”. The Lacey family from Essex, England named the area Croydon after Mrs Lacey’s home town. They preferred this to Mr Lacey’s home town, Steeple Bumpstead. The Lacey family has a street named after them near the Main St. shopping precinct.
In 1868 parcels of land were surveyed and the first habitations were constructed with wattle and daub. These were later rebuilt in timber and the area prospered in sheep, beef and dairy farming, and sawmills. Orchards were soon established and thrived. Crops included apples, cherries, pears, peaches and plums. Street names in and around Croydon now reflect the impact orchards had on “White Flats”.
In 1874 Cobb & Co. ran horses and carts to the area, also known as Brushy Creek.
In 1882 a single rail track was constructed through to Lilydale. When opened on 1 December 1882 the station was called Warrandyte. Travellers would travel by rail to “Warrandyte” station and were then faced with a horse and coach ride to Warrandyte, some 10 km north, which was not well received by the vast majority of travellers, believing the Yarra River was close by. On 1 August 1884 it was renamed Croydon railway station.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 35 minutes to reach Croydon by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Croydon cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Croydon most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Croydon Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Croydon
- Croydon Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Croydon affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Croydon
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: