Maxi Cab Dandenong also known as local Dandenong cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Dandenong area.
Dandenong is a suburb of Melbourne, 29 km (18 mi) south-east from the CBD. Situated on the northwest bank of the Dandenong Creek, it is 21.6 km (13.4 mi) from the namesake Dandenong Ranges to its northeast and completely unrelated in both location and nature. It is the administrative centre for the City of Greater Dandenong local government area. At the 2016 census, central Dandenong had a population of 29,906.
Dandenong began as a township in 1852 and at the start of the 20th century was an important regional city with its own suburbs. During the mid-20th century it became a major manufacturing and commercial area, and eventually an incorporated satellite city of the expanding Greater Melbourne conurbation. A business district, the former town centre, covers much of its area and is one of the largest in Greater Melbourne. It is currently undergoing major transit-oriented urban renewal, which was first planned in the Melbourne 2030 strategy.
Prior to the European settlement of Australia, the flat to undulating land was densely forested with red gum and was inhabited by the Woiwurrung Indigenous Australian tribe.
The name is generally thought to be derived from the Woiwurrung word “Tanjenong” meaning “lofty mountains” possibly referring to the nearby Dandenong ranges.
Another popular theory is that the name comes from ‘bad flour’, or ‘no good damper’. A local tale revolves around local aboriginals obtaining a bag of lime and mistakenly using it to make damper. An old local hotel was the ‘No Good Damper Inn’. A third version has the name Dandenong coming from ‘a burning’ and ‘the past’ reflecting bushfires on the Dandenongs.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 36 minutes to reach Dandenong by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Dandenong cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Dandenong most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Dandenong Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Dandenong
- Dandenong Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Dandenong affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Dandenong
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: