Maxi Cab Glenroy also known as local Glenroy cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in Glenroy area. Glenroy is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 13 km north of Melbourne’s central business district. Its local government area is the City of Moreland. At the 2016 Census, Glenroy had a population of 22,245.
Glenroy is located in the northwest of the City of Moreland, and is bounded by the Western Ring Road in the north, the Moonee Ponds Creek in the west, New Road, Victoria Street and Rhodes Parade in the south and West Street, Hilton Street, Box Forest Road and the Upfield railway line in the east.
Prominent features include the private Northern Golf Club, a major retail district centred on the Glenroy railway station and the Northern Memorial Park extension to the Fawkner General Cemetery.
The area was originally home to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation, before British colonisation and settlement of the Melbourne area started in 1835.
The Glenroy Estate bounded by the Moonee Ponds Creek, Camp Rd, the Northern Golf Club (inclusively) and Rhodes Parade, was purchased in Sydney in 1838 by speculators, Hughes and Hosking. The Camerons may have owned it as part of a Run before survey or just leased it from the speculators, and are credited with giving Glenroy its name. However, Donald Angus Kennedy, who bought the estate in the mid 1840s, bestowed the name according to his 1864 obituary in The Argus. Kennedy’s mother was Grace (née Cameron).
Initial development in the area started with a small settlement around the North East railway line at the end of the 19th Century, with the Glenroy Post Office opening on 22 October 1888.
After World War II significant development occurred when organisations such as Australian National Airways, the War Services Homes Commission and the Housing Commission of Victoria developed large areas of Glenroy. Residential development continued rapidly through the 1950s, and a Glenroy East Post Office opened in 1958 (closing in 1977).
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 24 minutes to reach Glenroy by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Glenroy cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Glenroy most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Glenroy Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Glenroy
- Glenroy Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Glenroy affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Glenroy
+61 424 340 009
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: