Maxi Cab Highett also known as local Highett cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Highett area.
Highett is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 16 km south-east of Melbourne’s central business district and 2 km east of Port Phillip. Its local government area is the City of Bayside and the City of Kingston. At the 2016 census, Highett had a population of 10,454. Highett is bordered by Hampton/Sandringham to the west, Hampton East/Moorabbin to the north and Cheltenham to the east and south.
The name comes from William Highett, a parliamentarian and local land owner in the 1850s. He purchased Crown land west of Bluff Rd in 1853. The Highett railway station was built when the line from Caulfield to Mordialloc was opened in 1881. Little development happened after the arrival of the railway; the Highett Post Office did not open until 17 November 1924.
The Highett Hall was opened on 11 September 1926 and was used for dances, balls, vaudeville performances and later as a cinema. However it always struggled to find a profitable means to continue operation. It was purchased by the Moorabbin City Council in 1966 and then demolished to make way for the Highett library, which opened on 1 August 1969.
In 1927 a number of Anglicans banded together to open St Stephens Church of England, in Donald Street, Highett. This was the first church built for the local inhabitants of Highett and by 1937 there was also a Catholic church.
In 1939 the Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC) constructed a factory in Highett to build aircraft wings and fuselages to support Australia in the Second World War. The factory continued operation until the end of the war in 1945 when the tradesmen were transferred to the main CAC factory in Fishermans Bend and the Bay Road site was closed.
Four large gasometers on land near the intersection of Nepean Highway and Bay Road were a prominent landmark in the area for most of the 20th century.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 31 minutes to reach Highett by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Highett cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Highett most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Highett Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Highett
- Highett Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Highett affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Highett
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: