Maxi Cab Macleod also known as local Macleod cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in Mcleod area. Macleod is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 14 km north-east from Melbourne’s Central Business District. Its local government areas are the Cities of Banyule and Darebin. At the 2016 Census, Macleod had a population of 9,769.
Macleod West refers to the predominantly residential locality to the west of the railway line and station.
One of the first subdivisions in Macleod occurred on 12 November 1910. 133 allotments from the Strathallan Estate were auctioned, fronting Greensborough Rd., Strathallan Rd., Edward St. and Railway Place (Somers Ave.). At the time the area comprising Macleod and Rosanna was called North Heidelberg.
In 1910, Mr M. A. Macleod sold 75 acres of land along the railway line to the Bent government with the stipulation that a railway station be built a mile and a half beyond Rosanna, probably named “Macleod”. The sale was requested by the government after they purchased 1,000 acres from the Bamfield’s estate at Mont Park for a new psychiatric hospital. This purchase was cut off from the railway, so in order to gain access, they approached the landowner Mr M. A. Macleod to sell a strip of land along the railway line.
Macleod railway station opened in 1911, 9 years after the railway line passed through.
Macleod Post Office opened on 11 December 1923, located in the general store on the south-west corner of Greensborough and Strathallan Roads. It was replaced by the Simpson Barracks office in 1987. Macleod West Post Office opened in 1954 on McNamara Street between Dunstan and Ruthven Streets.
The first Aberdeen Road shops were built in the early to mid-1950s, between Erskine Rd and Leith Rd.
Macleod Primary School was built in 1926 on 4.5 acres of land on Greensborough Road between Coolie Ave and Fairlie Ave.
Macleod High School opened on 31 May 1954 after a one week delay caused by the condition of unmade roads, which prevented furniture deliveries. The headmaster was Mr. F. J. Meyer. The initial enrollment consisted of 70 boys and 160 girls.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 31 minutes to reach Macleod by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Macleod cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Macleod most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Macleod Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Macleod
- Macleod Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Macleod affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Macleod
+61 424 340 009
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: