Maxi Cab Mitcham also known as local Mitcham cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Mitcham area. Mitcham is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 20 km east from Melbourne’s Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Whitehorse. At the 2016 Census, Mitcham had a population of 16,148.
Mitcham was named after Mitcham Grove, a farm property that was owned by William Slater, who grew roses and herbs for perfumes and remedies. From its settlement in the 1860s, the Mitcham area was generally used for orchards, brickmaking and pottery. Mitcham Post Office opened on 1 June 1884.
A Heatherdale Post Office opened in 1948 and closed in 1971. The Mitcham North Post Office opened in 1960.
However, since the 1950s post war expansion, Mitcham has become a suburban area.
The main north-south roads are Mitcham Road and Heatherdale Road. The main east-west road is Whitehorse Road (Maroondah Highway), which connects with the EastLink tolled freeway, which skirts the northern and eastern boundaries of the suburb.
Mitcham has two railways stations; Mitcham and Heatherdale, both of which are on the Belgrave and Lilydale railway lines. There are a number of bus routes, which link the suburb to surrounding areas. Many of these connect with Mitcham railway station.
Schwerkolt Cottage is a pioneer cottage (circa 1880s), near the Yarran Dheran bushland park. The cottage and other buildings are now a local history museum. The cottage is surrounded by 2.25 hectares of gardens and bushland. The stone cottage has been restored to its original condition and furnished in a style of the period. The Opening Hours; Weekends and Public Holidays, 2.00pm-5.00pm and Group Tours by appointment on weekdays only.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 29 minutes to reach Mitcham by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Mitcham cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Mitcham most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Mitcham Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Mitcham
- Mitcham Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Mitcham affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Mitcham
+61 424 340 009
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: