Maxi Cab Oakleigh also known as local Oakleigh cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Oakleigh area.
Oakleigh is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 14 km south-east of Melbourne’s central business district. Its local government area is the City of Monash. At the 2016 Census, Oakleigh had a population of 7,893.
Once a large independent city, Oakleigh was absorbed into Melbourne as part of the eastward expansion of the metropolis in the 1950s. As a result, it once had its own large historic Central Business District, its own municipality in the former City of Oakleigh and its own suburbs.
The area is traditionally known to have a strong Greek cultural influence, largely due to the influx of said immigrants to Australia in the mid-20th century. Fourteen per cent of those living in the suburb speak only Greek at home.
Although the origin of the name of the suburb, “Oakleigh,” is unclear, local historians have three main theories – that it was derived from she-oaks that grew near Scotchmans Creek; from “Oakleigh Park” an estate near Malvern Hills in England; or from Mrs. Oakley an early settler.
Originally inhabited by the Kulin people, a grazing run was established in the settled district east of Melbourne in the early 1840s, for which the lease was taken up by farmers John and Archibald McMillan. Scotchman’s Creek Run, as it became known, was named after the Scottish settlers in the area in and near the run (including the McMillan, Campbell, and McPherson families). By 1853, Scotchman’s Creek was known as South Yarra Creek, due to the well known South Yarra Pound (built in the area in the early 1840s on behalf of the government to collect stray livestock) and the associated South Yarra Inn. Part of the Parish of Mulgrave, County of Bourke, Oakleigh was first surveyed in 1853, and the first blocks of land were sold soon after. Oakleigh Post Office opened on 1 August 1854.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 23 minutes to reach Oakleigh by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Oakleigh cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Oakleigh most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Oakleigh Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Oakleigh
- Oakleigh Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Oakleigh affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Oakleigh
+61 424 340 009
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: