Maxi Cab Reservoir also known as local Reservoir cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Reservoir area.
Reservoir is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 12 km north of Melbourne’s Central Business District. Its local government area is the City of Darebin. At the 2016 Census, Reservoir had a population of 50,474.
Reservoir is an established suburb with standard brick homes, weatherboard homes, and an increasing number of new developments. The region contains popular recreation areas and facilities, including Edwardes Lake and the Reservoir Leisure Centre, and is home to the Edwardes Street and Broadway shopping strips.
The land which became the suburb of Reservoir was first surveyed by Robert Hoddle in 1837 and was formed from parts of both the Jika Jika Parish and Keelbundoora Parish. The Rose Shamrock Hotel formerly known as The Rose Shamrock & Thistle Hotel, opened on Plenty Road in 1854. Reservoir Post Office opened around 1921. Reservoir became a suburb at this time with the name coming from the three water reservoirs first built in 1863.
The reservoirs were collectively known as Preston Reservoir, which continue to form part of the fresh water supplied to Melbourne’s inner and western suburbs. Preston Reservoir No.1, on the west of High Street, was excavated in 1863-64 and the clay was used to form the surrounding embankments, with the base and sides lined with bluestone pitchers. The reservoir commenced supplying water in 1864. The Maroondah Aqueduct was built in 1886–1891 to supply water to the Preston Reservoir from a diversion weir on the Watts River, which was dammed in 1927 to form Maroondah Reservoir. Until 1881 Preston Reservoir was Melbourne’s only service reservoir. By 1884 it was determined that Preston Reservoir needed additional water storage and an area of approximately 11ha was purchased on the east side of High Street. Reservoirs No.2 and No.3 were constructed in 1909 and 1913 respectively. Eventually reservoirs No.2 and No.3 were covered to prevent dust entering the water supply.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 28 minutes to reach Reservoir by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Reservoir cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Reservoir most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Reservoir Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Reservoir
- Reservoir Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Reservoir delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Reservoir affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Reservoir
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: