Maxi Cab Rosebud also known as local Rosebud cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Rosebud area.
Rosebud is a seaside town in Metropolitan Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia approximately 75 km South of Melbourne’s central business district. It is wedged between the lower slopes of Arthurs Seat, the shores of Port Phillip and the plains of Boneo. Its local government area is the Shire of Mornington Peninsula. Rosebud is a popular tourist resort with families who appreciate its sandy beaches and shallow waters.
Originally known as Banksia Point, Rosebud began life as a fishing community in the early 1850s. On 2 June 1855, the cargo vessel Rosebud, owned by one of the colony’s best known pastoralists Edward Hobson, was washed over the large sandbars and onto the beach. The burgeoning community made off with the cargo of damask and household goods, but the wreck remained for many years as the locals slowly stripped its hull to use in the construction of houses. It became commonplace to call the area “The Rosebud” in reference to the ship, which was shortened to “Rosebud” as the last vestiges of the ship disappeared.
Officially the term Rosebud referred only to Rosebud Village, the blocks on the foreshore west of Eeling Creek (now an underground drain between Tom Salt Park and the camping ground). Land on the south side of “the road to Portsea” was described as being in Wannaeue; this was the name of the parish that extended south to Limestone Road. Today the name is recalled by a small street between Rosebud Parade and Ninth Avenue. The parish went from The Avenue to Government Road in Rye, but also included the Arthurs Seat pre-emptive right (now McCrae and Arthurs Seat). Peter Wilson gives much detail about the buyers of Rosebud Village allotments. Lime Land Leisure mentions a “Mr Gomm, of whom little is known.” Ray Gibb’s books about the Gomms (pioneers of Hobart, St Kilda, Mentone, Rosebud, Dromana, Hastings and Somerville) and the Adams family will be available from the Dromana Historical Society by the end of 2011.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 1 hr 15 min minutes to reach Rosebud by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Rosebud cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Rosebud most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Rosebud Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Rosebud
- Rosebud Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Reservoir delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Rosebud affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Rosebud
+61 424 340 009
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: