Maxi Cab Thomastown also known as local Thomastown cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in Thomastown area. Thomastown is a suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 17 km and approximately 30 minutes north of Melbourne’s central business district. Its local government area is the City of Whittlesea. At the 2016 census, Thomastown had a population of 20,523. Thomastown is known for sharing its area with Westgarthtown, a historical settlement.
Thomastown came into existence in 1848 when the John Honniball Thomas and Mary née Hartnell family bought 106 acres, the land north of Melbourne for market gardening. Two years later, William Westgarth bought land north of Thomas’ holding, which he made way for German settlers. Thomastown Post Office opened on 9 June 1862. The Thomastown area attracted many farmers and much horse-racing until World War II. In 1889, the Epping railway line opened and milk production and distribution grew during the 1930s when a German dairying family formed the Pura Dairy, ultimately to expand into Preston and became Metropolitan Dairies Pty. Ltd. In 1947, a housing co-operative was formed 2 km. north in the suburb of Lalor. Soon, residential development began at Thomastown. While German settlers already call this area home, more settlers moved in, mostly Italians, Macedonians and Greeks. In 1961 St. Clare’s Primary School opened, followed by Thomastown Secondary College and then Thomastown West Primary School.
Thomastown has a strip shopping centre in High Street parallel to the Thomastown Railway Station, a shopping centre corner of Edgars Road and Main Street and shops on Settlement Road and Dalton Road, plus various shopping strips east of the train station. Thomastown Secondary College is located on Main Street, adjacent to Thomastown West Primary School, Thomastown Recreational and Aquatic Centre (TRAC) and Thomastown Library which is managed by Yarra Plenty Regional Library. Thomastown East has a grid street configuration, predating the later configuration in Thomastown West which protects residential streets from through traffic. On the south of Thomastown there are numerous factories and an electricity terminal station, near the Metropolitan Ring Road / Northern Ring Road. There is also the Hume Freeway, which is west of Thomastown.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 30 minutes to reach Thomastown by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Thomastown cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Thomastown most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Thomastown Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Thomastown
- Thomastown Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Parcel delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Thomastown affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Thomastown
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: