Maxi Cab Wallan also known as local Wallan cab is the service provided by professionals currently living in the Wallan area. Wallan, traditionally known as Wallan Wallan (large circular place of water), is a town in Victoria, 51 kilometres (32 mi) north of Melbourne’s Central Business District. The town sits at the southern end of the large and diverse Shire of Mitchell which extends from the northern fringes of Melbourne into the farming country of north-central Victoria and the lower Goulburn Valley. The township flanks the Hume Freeway and is set against the backdrop of the Great Dividing Range. At the 2016 census, Wallan had a population of 8,520.
A Wallan Wallan Post Office opened on 1 April 1858. A Wallan Railway Station Post Office opened on 1 October 1873, later renamed as Wallan Wallan East and closing in 1992.
The first and only surviving store was begun by Hugh and Margaret Sinclair about 1860 with their 2-storey residence. In 1867 Thomas O’Dwyer began a store where the Wallan Hotel now stands. He converted the store to the Woodmans Arms Hotel in 1883. George Wallder and John Kyle supplied meat to the township. The first church erected in Wallan was a wooden building that cost 71 pounds and was opened by the Methodist residents in 1865. Wallan became part of the preaching circuit in 1864 and the following year the modest chapel was built.
In the past, Wallan was a small village with only a few houses and a shop, but today[when?] it is known for the Hidden Valley Housing Development 1 kilometre (1 mi) to the north. Until 1997 this was a private farm, however it has now been developed as a residential estate with a golf course running through the middle.
The Wellington Square Shopping Centre, opened in 2004, includes many corporate franchise businesses (mainly Victoria’s biggest supermarket chain Safeway), creating competition for the already existing Coles Supermarket across the road.
In 2009, Wallan was used as a relief centre for those from surrounding towns affected by the Black Saturday fires.
Click here to book online now by filling the booking form.
To and from the Melbourne CBD, it takes 56 minutes to reach Wallan by Maxi Cab.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text +61 424 340 009 to book your local Wallan cab.
To Airport: TBA
To Melbourne CBD: TBA
*Maxi Charges is $15-20 extra
- Wallan most affordable Maxi Cab service
- Wallan Maxi Cab Service
- Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
- Instant Quotes and bookings
- 24 Hours phone support
- Direct contact with the driver
- A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
- Wheelchair Taxi Wallan
- Wallan Maxi Cab
- Limo Service
- Airport Taxi Service
- Melbourne City Tours
- Melbourne Airport Transfers
- Reservoir delivery available
- Instant quotes and bookings
- 24 hours of Excellent Customer Service
- Direct contact with the driver
- All our taxis are smoke-free
- Pay by invoice option
- Pay by PayPal, bank transfer or cab charge or credit card
- Pick up at Arrivals at Melbourne & Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue
- Wallan affordable taxi service in Melbourne
- Top of the line Chauffeured Cars & Vans Service available.
- Private events, weddings, corporate Group Transfers or general hire
- Pre-booking Taxi & Maxi Cab Taxis Available
- 15 years of Experience in Taxi Service
- VIP pickup at Melbourne and Avalon Airport – skip the long waiting queue at Airport
Still in Doubt ?
Read our Blog where we keep updating latest and most recent information for our customers.
Maxi Cab Wallan
+61 424 340 009
Email: [email protected]
Average rating: 5 stars
Rating: 5 stars
Hours of operation:
Where we work: